Hotel, between Saint-Emilion and Sauternes
Hotel with restaurant, the Château de la Tour benefits from a privileged situation on the wine trail,between Saint-Emilion and Sauternes, naming which send back unmistakably to the fame of great wines of the Bordeaux region.
Medieval city in the spiritual, trading and wine life, Saint-Emilion is to be investigated through its hillocks or escalettes, small steep alleys leading on both sides of this amphitheater-shaped spread village. To discover: the Hermitage of Saint-Émilion, the chapels and the churches, the catacombs, the tower of the Roy and so many other conservation areas historic monuments.
Saint-Emilion means also landscapes of vineyards registered on the heritage of the UNESCO. Visit of the castle, explanations of the know-how and the tasting of wines … The whole headed by passionate wine growers.
Sauternes, Graves… Beyond the oenological discoveries, the Gironde has numerous activities to make you discover. Situated between the Bay of Arcachon, the Pyla Dune and the beginnings of the Forest of Landes, this destination reserves varied and picturesque landscapes.
The hotel-restaurant Château de la Tour suggests you some of the inescapable sites of the region:
- Quad on the property of the Château Pargade in Soulignac (10 min), in the middle of the vineyard of Bordeaux " Between Coteaux and Garonne ", a natural space fitted out on 60 hectares, a circuit for everyone, reserved for the practice of the Quad and 4x4, in complete safety.
- Accrobranche in Bommes (approximately 15 min) " a stroll in forest unlike the others ", in a magnificent frame, crossed by the river of Ciron, organizers welcome you for a moment of relaxation and strong feelings.
- Canoe, boating center of Bommes on the same site as the Accrobranche
- Water-skiing and wake board on the lake of Baurech (15 min) in border of the Garonne
- Tennis, lessons situated in Loupiac in only 2 min.
- Golf of the Graves and the Sauternais situated in Saint Pardon de Conques (15 min)
- Paintball and Karting for groups and seminaries in Bordeaux (30 min)
- The “Grand Théâtre” of Bordeaux is one of the most beautiful of France. Built from 1773 till 1780 by the architect Victor Louis, in the pure neo-classic style, it receives numerous operas and other shows.
- The museum of Aquitaine contains an important collection distributed on two levels.
- The “Place de la Bourse” in Bordeaux was fitted out from 1730 till 1755, by the architects Gabriel father and son. Confined by two buildings, the palace of the stock exchange and the national museum of Customs, it is sublimated by the fountain of Three Graces.
- The village of Saint-Emilion: the monolithic church, the Hermitage of Émilion, the catacombs, the chapel of the Trinity and the numerous cellars.
- The Dune of Pilat: magnificent Landscape, it is the highest dune of Europe.
- The strengthened villages: Cadillac, Saint Macaire, Rions
- Villas and Gallo-Roman thermal baths in Loupiac
- Abbey Benedictine: abbey of La Sauve Majeure, masterpiece of the Romanesque art of the 12th century.
- The wine road, the hotel is situated between Saint-Emilion and Sauternes.
-Malagar, center François Mauriac (15 min): music, reading, debates and delivery of the Prize François Mauriac to discover to www.malagar.aquitaine.fr
Visit of historic Castles:
- Castle of Cadillac (in front of the establishment) built at the very beginning of the XVIIth century by a favorite of Henri III, the Castle of Dukes d' Epernon was deserving, at the appropriate time, of royal houses. It is very representative of French-style architecture.
- The Castle of Roquetaillade (Mazères), built in 1306 by cardinal Gaillard, is established by two fortresses and reveals a surprising decoration which already announced the English decorative arts of the end of the XIXth century.
- Château de Malle, historic castle of the XVIIth century classified as Historic Monument but also wine Castle the vineyard of which has the extremely rare privilege to extend at the same time over the noble countries of Sauternes and Graves, it produces 4 prestigious wines of which a Grand Cru Classé.
- The Castle of Cazeneuve: house privileged by the Lords of Albret, then fief of king of France Henri IV and of queen Margot.
For the children:
- Zoo: zoo of Pessac, zoo of La Teste (Bassin d’Arcachon)
- Zoo of pets and small amusement park: the Coccinelle to Gujan Mestras (Bay of Arcachon )
- The exotic Farm in Cadaujac: more than 1000 familiar animals